Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Another Reason Why You Can't Believe Obama

This whole lipstick on a pig thing is kind of dumb. I'm not convinced Obama meant it in the way it was interpreted, but it has been reported that immediately after he said it that a large part of the crowd started chanting something about Palin. That would indicate to me that his audience interpreted his remark as a reference to Sarah Palin. If that is the case, then the McCain camp has reason to interpret it that way too. (Seems to me that a person with judgement would have recognized right away that he had a problem on his hand and should have dealt with it right there, but that's just me.) I was struck however by Obama's response the day after. Within his response Obama talked about this is why people are sick of Washington, because "they (the McCain people) seize on an innocent remark, try to take it out of context." Let's see, hasn't it been Obama who has taken McCain's $5 million dollar definition of rich joke out of context? Wasn't it Obama who has consistently taken McCain's 100 years in Iraq remark out of context? Wasn't it Obama who continually takes McCain's "let me have my staff get back to you" about how many houses he owns completely out of context? Sounds to me that Obama has this Washington thing down like an old pro. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive