Friday, November 14, 2008

Found Treasure




When my dad was in his early 20's and 30's he took a lot of black and white photos of my mom and us boys. He did his own developing and printed a number of those images, but I always wondered what happened to all his negatives. My dad passed away in 1989 and I'm pretty sure my mom said she thought all the negatives were thrown out at some point. Well, last week I found them, thousands of them, in a box in my mom's attic. I've already scanned about 1400 images, finding a bunch of images that we have never seen before. And there are thousands and thousands more. Over the past several years I have been compiling all of our family images, digitizing, keywording and indexing them, so that everyone in the family can have their own full digital album of all of these images. Right now that album contains over 30,000 images. Finding my dad's negatives could add another 10,000+ images to the collection. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive