Thursday, December 16, 2010

You Have To Love Digital

This may only be of interest to my photo enthusiast friends, but you have to love what digital can do. This image was taken at this past Saturday's wedding. It is a nice photo, but what you need to appreciate is that the lighting was really poor when this was taken. It was late afternoon and there was a pretty heavy overcast. In film days I would have said "forget about it". Even Saturday I was lamenting the poor quality of light. I cranked up the ISO to 3200 and just hoped all would be well. I knew my camera (Nikon d700) was capable of good clean photos at 6400 ISO, but still get nervous with it, especially when photographing people. Anyhow, I'm impressed with how well this photo held up under the conditions. You would think this was taken under much better lighting conditions than what was really the case. No flash used. Digital rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels