Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Art Of Selling

If I have a car that I have owned for 5 years and I want to sell that car to you, I would want to tell you about how great the car has been for me. If my intent was to be honest, I would tell you that it leaks oil and that my mechanic told me it would need about $2000 of repairs sometime in the next 6 months. If my intent is to sell you this car, I would skip all of that and just tell you about how great the car has been for me. The negative stuff would just discourage you, and I really want you to buy this car. I'm not being dishonest . . this really has been a great car for me. And if I am a really good salesman, all those questions you have about the condition of the car would be easily dismissed by pointing out how great this car has been for me.

With health care, President Obama and many of his fellow Democrats are trying to sell us a used car . . one that is a lemon. So far he has been all talk. Whenever you hear Obama talk about his health care plan (actually there is no Obama plan), listen to all the negatives he points out about the plan. There are no negatives. In his sales pitch everything about his plan is positive. Hhmmmm, that's strange. Almost sounds too good to be true.

In fact, Obama has all along been giving us one long sales job; and I know that I, for one, am getting really tired of it. Not worn down tired. I'm not anywhere near ready to buy this clunker. In fact I have already walked away, long ago realizing that this would be one big mistake of a purchase. Obama is everywhere: talking to school kids, addressing Congress, Leno, Sunday talk shows, and on and on. It seems to me the more he talks, the more people he is driving away. Add to that his Acorn associations and his crazy czars, plus tea party rallies and ridiculous charges of racism, soon Obama will lose the large part of the American public. It's already happening. His poll numbers are really, really low. People still seem to want to like him, but his policies are a whole different story. People just don't buy it. That's a good thing. The American public does not need a used car destined to break down, that is unless we pump even more money into it. We've all been there before, owning a car or an appliance that keeps breaking down. We keep spending money on repairs, to the point that we have to wonder if it is worth repairing anymore. Social Security, Medicare, Postal Service, Education . . all programs desperately in need of fixing. We pour more and more money into them, and they continue to break down. People are starting to wonder, is it worth it any longer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels