Friday, November 6, 2009

Washington (Anti) Health Care Rally November 5





I made it down to DC Thursday for the (Anti) Health Care Rally. I did not take a sign or a gun or a swastika . . just wanted to be one more body against the Pelosi/Obama health care disaster. It was a bit disappointing because either the sound system was bad, or the speakers were not speaking into the mikes. Kind of hard to hear them, at least early on. I wasn't even sure who was speaking at times. I found it a bit ironic that the crowd applauded loudly for the large group of presumably Republican members of Congress when they marched out of the Capitol building down to the staging area. I guess it is mostly on the Senate side where many of the Republicans are spineless, but they also exist on the House side. Maybe the applause was intended for Michele Bachman, Mark Levin and Jon Voight. How many of the other members of Congress though would have taken the leadership to organize a rally like this? Very few I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels