Saturday, August 22, 2009

Whole Foods


Sometimes I wonder if by writing about things political, it has any affect on whether people would select me as their photographer for their wedding. After watching the response by ultra liberals to John Mackey, CEO of Whole Foods, and his opinions about health care, I have to imagine that yes it might affect the decision of some people. But to be honest, I don't really care. People can be petty and intolerant of other people and their opinions. I'm not quite sure why it should affect their decision though. My doctor had an Obama campaign poster hanging in his office the day Obama declared he was running for president. I did not change doctors. I go to him for medical advice and care, and I trust him. Period. I would hope people would treat me with that same kind of regard.

I do find it disgusting though what has been written about Mackey, as well as the boycotts these people are organizing against Whole Foods. I have no particular affection for Whole Foods. They are listed as one of the top 25 companies to work for though. They apparently offer great benefits, treat their employees very well, and generally line up with the liberal line of thinking on how to run a responsible company. They are non-union, so they have the union thugs to contend with, and undoubtedly the unions have seized on this moment to disgrace Mackey and Whole Foods. The flyer here (click on to enlarge) was being passed out by union members outside Whole Foods the other day. Pretty over the top in its wording. The UFCW website calls Mackey a "radical" for his stance against Obama's health care reform. Liberals seemed to love Mackey and Whole Foods, until Mackey took a stand against a policy pushed by their messiah. The nerve of this man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive